BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 07, 2008

    More on this later

    I had an odd thought yesturday outside the bar. I was looking at a rite-aid shopping cart that had somehow found itself a mile or more from its natural habitat. This got me thinking that it would be fascinating to equip all of the shopping carts in a, pick arbitrary number, 20 mile radius with GPS and a unique identifier. They'd collect data for a year and then all of that data would be mapped. Each cart would produce a pattern of travel and overall one could study that pattern to finally understand "The Migratory Pattern of the Urban Shopping Cart".

    It would be quite a site to see in an area like LA where the carts seem to wonder further than in other places. I'd of course need Federal Funding, which I doubt will be difficult to come by.

    1 comment:

    Matt Stafford said...

    I would love to live in a world where the nearest Rite Aid was a mile or more away.