BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 18, 2006

    First Fender Bender

    Well, I had my first fender bender today. It was in a COSTCO parking lot. I had pulled into a parking aisle and had pulled too far forward to make the turn into the spot so I put the car in reverse and backed up two feet right into an old lady's car. She evidently didn't look before she pulled out and we connected. I pulled into the space and she pulled back into hers. I noticed where the car had scraped the paint from her car. She got out and I told her I'd get my insurance information. After I got it, I went over to her and she asked how it had happened. I told here where my car had been and she said there wasn't anyone there because both the cars had driven past. She was probably in her 70s. When I tried to give her the insurance information she told me to just forget it. I told her I didn't want her to leave with damage to her car. She then asked if I needed her insurance information. I looked at my car and told her I didn't see any major damage to mine. She was a little more upset when she told me to just forget it the second time. She got in her car and as she was backing out I looked over to the Costco guy who was collecting the carts and asked him if he had heard her turn down my insurance. He said he hadn't but I now had a witness that she had. Although without him hearing it I'm not sure what kind of witness he would have been. Oh well, just some paint off my plastic bumper. I still feel kind of odd that she didn’t want the information. There was no way to prove whose fault it was, although I looked a little better in the deal. I think in the end she was afraid what it might do to her ability to remain driving at her age. She seemed very concerned that it not go forward.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    THEY'LL GET YOU. THEY'LL GET YOU. YOU ARE GOING DOWN. SHE'LL BE COMING AFTER YOU SOON.


    IN YOUR SLEEP.