BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 12, 2007

    GOLETA, CA -OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

    So, I was staying in the Motel 6 in Goleta while working and instead of going to the Elephant Bar near the airport, I decided to just walk to the Outback Steakhouse right down the street. The reasons are obvious, I wanted have few beers and it’s better to walk than drive. The service on the beers was fine, and efficient. However, when I ordered food to go, it was a fiasco. First, I generally assume it’ll be 15-20 for to-go food at 6:15. and up to this point with all of the traveling I do I have never been wrong with this simple assumption. Now, certainly they were busy, but 15-20 for to-go isn’t asking much. Now the hotel was like a three-minute walk from the place. When the food arrived, 42 minutes after I ordered it, I took it in stride and left. When I got back to the hotel room, what I found was less than acceptable. The fires were cold and limp, having been cooked probably 30 minutes before I ordered, unless this is how the Aussie’s like their fries, and there was no plastic ware. Normally this would not have been a problem, but I ordered a side salad. A SIDE SALAD! I guess people in Australia, who are already offended by being connected to this chain, eat salad with their hands. Having never been there, maybe they do. I however, do not, except this time, what choice did I have? I could walk back for a Plastic fork, allowing my meal to get even colder. The truth is I don’t blame the bartender, even he was getting irate with the delay, although I did overhear him being told it would be 30 min almost 10 minutes after I ordered it, but I pretended not to hear that and he chose not to tell me. I blame the kitchen and whoever fills to-go orders. I doubt I was the only person screwed that night. What happened to pride in work. I’m sorry you work in a chain restaurant, but why should I have to suffer for it? Oh, at least they gave me a loaf of bread; too bad I didn’t have a knife to cut it with. It was so French. Well, that isn’t true, because if it had been French it would have had a nice crust. Oh yeah, it was also a Sunday so no Happy Hour bringing the total to $ 39.00, with tip I now regret, which would not have been a problem if the food had been worth it.

    No comments: