BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, February 23, 2007

    The next few months

    Well, so here’s where I stand. I completed the survey job on Wed (Feb 21) of this week. On Thursday I was advised to contact the Producer of a pilot shoot of a friend. By Thursday afternoon I was meeting with the Post Production Supervisor and by Thursday evening I was a Post Production PA on said shoot. So, my plans to write are on hold. This will be a 60+ hour a week job. It’ll be a nice change of pace even though my primary responsibility will be to run stuff about in my car on what I can only imagine will be on increasingly intense time schedules. It runs through April and will be finished, according to the schedule, the day before my birthday. It’s a fine opportunity for which I am exceptionally overqualified, so there should be no real hitches in me excelling in the position. Of course I can’t, or if I can still won’t, be discussing the specifics, or the name players, because there are plenty of magazines such as US and PEOPLE for that sort of thing. It doesn’t start until March 5, so I’ll have about a week to write before it begins.

    A good friend of mine is coming into town for the weekend to attend the Spirit Awards for which a number of the films she worked on have been nominated. She just happens to be a Post Production Supervisor, but unrelated to my new temp job.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I am sure the change of pace will be a welcome thing. Good luck with it. Oh, and thanks for the telegram. Very interesting.

    Alan Gratz said...

    Any chance this will turn into a full-time gig, or better, a full-time gig doing something you ARE more qualified for? Inquiring minds want to know.