BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 09, 2007

    Earthquake Cherry

    At just a little before 1:00 AM PST, my earthquake cherry was greedily taken from me by the Tectonic Thunder Gods as I slumbered. It lasted only about 10 seconds; at least that is how it seemed. I awoke to a mild shifting to and fro and thought to myself, "Oh Shit, it's an earthquake." But as it quickly subsided and I rolled over to make sure my 4D Mag light was where I could reach it, I thought to myself, "Well, maybe not." I then fell back deep into slumber while trying to come up with escape and survival plans should it recur. By the time I awoke I had completely forgotten that it had happened until an e-mail of inquiry as to whether I had felt it or not arrived in my inbox. I feel alone now as the Tectonic Thunder Gods have themselves gone back to sleep and I wonder if they'll ever call. They said they would as they left. I bet they don't even remember my name.

    (4.5) - 34 miles north of LA

    Light 4.0-4.9 Noticeable shaking of indoor items, rattling noises. Significant damage unlikely. 6,200 per year (est.)

    No comments: