BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 16, 2007

    Not wuite there

    Well, I replaced the hard drive yesterday and loade4d the OS only to find out that half of my keyboard isn't working. This is either due to me not reseating the track pad ribbon all the way or the fact that it may have been damaged when I reassembled the machine the first time and didn't get it fully threaded through the bottom bit. Also, the holding pin or whatever for the track pad ribbon broke a bit since the instructions said "gently pull up" when the should have said "gently pull toward you." Oh well, I'll take it apart again tonight and see if I can't resolve this. It's a bit frustrating since the track pad and top half of the keyboard works, but the bottom half does not. Sigh.

    No comments: