BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 24, 2009

    Unemployment Day 2

    Well, the second day of unemployment wasn’t as productive as I had hoped, but now that I’ve settled on what I’m going to finish, I was able to read it through to the point at which I stopped writing it and am slowly getting back into the flow of it. I spent a little time walking to Staples and copying all the proof I needed that I had paid my CA state income tax and mailed it off with their insistence that I did not. A plus side to paying with credit card I guess. I had plenty of paper trail.

    I walked over to a cook out I had been invited to later in the day, and sat around enjoying a few cervezas and some BBQ pork wraps. I was sent home with 4 cupcakes, which I gave to the front house for the enjoyment of the wee lasses inside.

    I watched the third ep of this season of Weeds, then I read in bed until 12:30. Don’t even remember when the last time was that I stayed up that late. I can slowly feel my body trying to get back to its natural rhythm of up at 8:30 instead of the 6:00 it’s been for last many years.

    I am enjoying John Scalzi’s Old Man’s War. It reads like snarky Haldeman. I highly recommend it.


    No comments: