BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 25, 2009

    Unemployment Day 3

    Well, the third day was writing most of the day. I finished an act, leaving only two to go for the second half of the pilot script. Stopped writing when I got so obsessed with finding out how much a London Times cost on the street in 1889 that I could do nothing else. Luckily someone solved that for me. It cost 2d, which is two pennies, which is a tuppence. Of course the paper was the weekly edition, but at this point it’s in the ballpark and I can move on. I’m sure later the scene with the paperboy will be cut out, but for now, I’m keeping it. It cost too much to throw out.

    Once I got stumped, I wandered to the bar, where I had a few pints to clear my head. Didn’t really end up paying for them since an elderly acquaintance, he was born in 1929 and comes in each day for a glass of tea, had gotten a new pay-as-you-go phone and needed me to activate it for him. I activated the phone, and he bought the pints.

    Back home I watched FAY GRIM again until I went to bed. Didn’t get to the best bits yet, where Henry Fool goes all philosophical. I can listen to Henry Fool preach all day. If you haven’t seen Hal Hartley’s films, do so.

    Getting ready to start writing again here. The Red Bull is kicking the coffee deeper into my system and I can almost see the Past.

    No comments: