BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, October 29, 2006

    Saturday on the town



    Last night turned out to be a nice change of pace from my ordinarily dull life. My friend Andrea came in town to visit one of her best friends from college, Ernie. I met them out at The Abbey where there was much deep thrumming dance music and overly wrought costumed revelers. Being as The Abbey is one of the more popular gay bars in West LA, there was also things such as people dressed as “Mark Follee”, name changed to protect the guilty, putting stickers on people’s crotches. With Ernie, often to his chagrin, being like a bug-light that unfortunately did not kill off all of the flies it attracted. The poor fellow is evidently what a great number of people are looking for. But, instead of getting welcomed bump-and-goes, he seemed to attract the “lingerers”. One of them was an all right guy, wearing sunglasses to hide his obvious previous ingesting of something illicit, which was most likely X since he had a need to touch everything. Unfortunately the later one followed him from the urinals, so one had to conclude he was more of a “drain fly”. Of course, with it being the Saturday before Halloween, a great deal of the revelers were decked out in costume, but being LA, it was impossible to tell which ones were doing it for the holiday and which ones were simply wearing what they normally did for a night out at a gay bar. Andrea of course flittered about doing what she does best, which is start trouble. It’s the good kind of trouble though. Get a few drinks in that girl and she’ll ask anyone anything. It’s also the first time I’ve been anywhere and had liquor since I’ve been out here. I’ve strictly sticking to beer, but it was a nice change of buzz.

    Well, we wrapped it up around 1:00 AM and I finally found the bus stop and got a little taste of late night bus riding, which wasn’t too bad really. Reset the clock when I got home, but woke up at 8:00 AM anyway. I’ve been drinking coffee and catching up on TV ever since. Watched ep 4 of Studio 60 and ep 11 of season 2 of Weeds. I really should write more about what I’m watching. Then again I really should be doing a lot of things I’m not.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Just goes to prove...there's an Ernie in every crowd.

    Anonymous said...

    Greg dearest Greg.... I am so happy that you joined us, it was so fun to watch your face as the politician place a sticker on your genitals.... it a very bad but good way...

    and I have been wondering if I would make the blog and I did! I'm so damn happy about that! and so is Ernie.. would have commented early, but just now am functioning from the week off...

    see you in December..