BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 23, 2007

    Caught in my throat

    So, I occasionally go to the World Market on the corner of Westwood and Santa Monica to shop. Granted it's close and it is where I buy my coffee. But I also buy my rice there and on occasion, more often than not there is an occasion, box of cheese sticks. So, tonight I dropped in to get some rice. They didn't have my usual selection, but I picked up another brand and also a box of cheese sticks. While at the checkout, this is what the woman running the register said, "Oh, rice...I had to stop eating that, it gets caught in my throat. It's good for you though." Well, needless to say that was more information than I wanted, so I just kept my mouth shut and paid for my goods.

    That is all.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Actually death through rice getting stuck in the throat is a known phenomenon.

    IIRC there's some festival with sticky rice ballas a couple of people a year die as a result of eating them.


    Yup - another completely useless piece of information