BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 06, 2007

    Rear Ended

    It had to happen sooner or later. I got rear ended on the 101 N yesterday after delivering the Editor’s check to his home. Luckily there was no damage to my car other than a bent license plate. When I got hit, there was enough force to shake me up so I couldn’t find the brake in time not to tap the car in front of me. Luckily there was no damage to that car either. It was a bit odd. As the force traveled through the car’s chassis and then into the steering column and eventually my brainpan, things slowed down. I could see myself going toward the car in front of me, but couldn’t make my body react fast enough to hit the break. The guy who hit me cracked the front bumper on his pristine 2005 mustang though. We traded info, but didn’t get the police involved since the 101 was crawling anyway. Luckily there was a bit of a shoulder where we could safely pull off. Of course when all was said and done, it took forever to get anyone to let us merge back into traffic. I got off a few exits later still phased somewhat and got lost for a bit. Since I’ve been in LA, I’ve been hit in two parking lots and once on the freeway. When I lived in Knoxville, I never got into a wreck. I’m starting to get tired of driving here. There seems to be very little concern by drivers here with their surroundings.

    My health insurance went up on March 31st. I've just been accepted into a Keiser Permanente plan, but it won't take effect until May 1st. That’s really the only reason I got the guys info. I’m still kind of feeling the effects today, in a weird sort of way. I’m pretty sure my body’s still in the process of reabsorbing all the adrenaline and endorphins released when I got hit.

    I do have the day off, so that’s nice. I’ve done a bit of cleaning about the apartment and switched out inflatable mattresses, which should allow some improvement in my sleep. Other than that every day is pretty much the same. The next few weeks are going to be a pain though. I’ll have to deliver 7 different cuts, mostly to people’s homes I think. I’m not sure what I’ll do when this job is up though.

    No comments: