BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 26, 2007

    Fandom Jones

    While I sit here enjoying my morning overload of coffee, downtown LA has been invaded by the largest Star Wars convention on the planet. Celebration IV is at the convention center. Of course I’m not going because a daily pass is $45 and then the ability to find inexpensive parking is impossible so by the end of the day with food and unwarranted purchases it would end up costing more than $100. It’s also not that interesting to go to these sorts of things alone, at least not for me. Now that I live in LA, there are all sorts of things that I wish I could go to but lack the funds or companionship to make it worth the while. While I have registered for this years San Diego Comic Con, which I can now do for free being that I’m a “professional” with the little TV/film work I’ve done, I don’t know if I’ll actually make it down there for it. Most likely I’ll be scrounging for enough to cover rent and loans at the time. But, I couldn’t pass up the chance to at least register just in case things work out. It is a bit odd to have collected so much over the years and now be in my 10th year of not collecting but still feeling the urge to do so. I hate to think what will happen when I finally come into money and start frittering it away again on collecting and fandom. I can only dream of more storage facilities and the Zen moments I used to have re-boarding and bagging comics. The ones at my brother’s place could definitely use it. Those 15 long boxes have been sitting undisturbed in his basement for ten years now. I check on them every few years, but in the end they just sit, unread and unloved.

    CELEBRATION IV

    The Vader Project


    Hasbro 2007 Star Wars Line Preview

    Official Star Wars Blog's photos

    No comments: