BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 02, 2006

    Back Up

    Well, there goes everything. Only fix was a reformat. I could have tried to retrieve the lost data, but since I don't have $1000, I just let it all go. All of projects was backed-up on the ipod, but it's three months old. All of CA with have to be retyped. Luckily I was at the point yesturday where I printed it all out to hand read/edit, otherwise there would be much more weeping. Won't know until much later what was really lost. A lot of painstaking data entry in my personal excel file where I'd done stuff like collect all the gas receipts since I had the car and stuff like this. A lot of loan letters which were my only copies and the like. Oh well, time to start over I guess. All of the really important stuff is somehow printed or uploaded lesewhere. All picutres not on Flikr lost etc. Will need drink later. May need to replace the drive later, but not right now. The work for next week has been pushed back thanks to the client. Not looking too great in LA right now, but I'll muddle through. So here's to spending Labor Day weekend rebuilding my computer.

    2 comments:

    Fabricationist said...

    Ah, stroies to tell the grandkids, assuming I ever have kids, well not me but someone who might be foolinsh enough to marry me. Well, maybe good fodder for the talkshows, assuming I ever become someone people want on those sorts of things. OK, maybe for a self publish memoir. Oh never mind.

    Anonymous said...

    Wow - that sucks.

    Glad you got the hard copies though.