BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 03, 2006

    Minimalism

    Keeping it simple for now. I've reloaded only neccessary software. Can't find my FINAL DRAFT serial number though so script typing will have to wait. I'll probably just upgrade anyway, but will still need the number. I have all the rest, but can't for the life of me figure out where this one was. I think I had an excel file with all of them in it...oh well. Hopefully the back-up being sent from the safe at home will shed light on this. There still seem to be some possible bad sectors on this disk, so it will need to be replaced. Hopefully she'll hold together through the next round of work. "Come'on baby hold together." Things that I've found that have improved since I now have all new widgets and things are FIREFOX and the GMAIL NOTIFIER which now comes with online schedule. I'm going to use this for now, put all my particulars in webspace so I can access them should things go bad again. I could turn off the function, but I kind of liked it last night when the notifier came on and gave me a preview of the e-mail that had just arrived over the DVD I was watching at full screen. The DVD didn't hiccup and the notifier was nicely transparent, displaying the text over the DVD image. It was almost like some weird future.

    [NOTE: I was bale to retrieve my FD serial number from customer support. Whew!]

    3 comments:

    Fabricationist said...

    Yea! Green Ham.

    Anonymous said...

    GO TARANTINO ON OUR ASSES. DON'T SHOWER, WRITE ON SCRAPS OF PAPER AROUND YOUR HOUSE, NAPKINS, PAPER TOWELS, BITS OF GROCERY BAG, THEN BECOME FAMOUS AND FORGET US ALL.

    Fabricationist said...

    I can't forget you, you haunt my sleeping time.