BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 14, 2006

    wee bit-o-excitement

    I had a meeting yesterday with a really nice guy one of my friends put me in contact with. Actually it’s was the second meeting, but the first time was more of us meeting rather than us having a meeting. He’s a director and producer of various things over the years. Anyhow, he read my stuff and I went to his office to talk about it. He gave some great feedback, so I spent the rest of yesterday, well until about 6:20, slashing and burning the first part of VALENTINE to get rid of the extraneous bits and remove all the “passive” tense stuff that I’m too keen on putting in. It reduced the first half by 5 pages, so I assume it’ll do about the same to the second half. It was really quite fun once I got rolling on it. Anyway, he’s going to take it to some people he’s meeting with next week. We’re also going to try and pull the spine out of FABULON and shove it into a new body. The overall setting has already been done by those bastards at HBO so it’s little more than a writing sample these days. We tossed it about yesterday and I think I may have tapped an idea that’s already beginning to run across my brain like a bacterial infection. I’ve tentatively titled it THE LONG HAUL, but that’s all I’ll say. I’m going to attempt to write up a quickie on it and finish the first hour of CA by Sunday. I have to work Mon-Wed next week, which is when he’s meeting with these people, so I need to get it all done before then. Even if it doesn’t work out, it was nice to have someone even take the time to read my stuff. It’s at least given me a short burst of focus and a wee bit ‘o excitement, which I’ve been sorely needing here, so for that alone it’s worth it.

    2 comments:

    tnbonairediver said...

    Sound wonderful. Hope the excitement holds and you can get some stuff in the pipeline so to speak. Can't wait to say "We knew him when ....".

    Fabricationist said...

    When he was a lie about drunkard you mean? Just wrapped up the second half and shot it off. It lost 10 pages in the end, or something like that.