BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 06, 2007

    Waffle House grill cook cheat sheet

    I couldn't resist this one. It completely fascinated me. I love the WH, even though there aren't any in CA. I originally saw it on Boingboing.net. This is a link to the original flickr post by nickgrey and here is a copy of his comments:

    "This is a photograph of a Waffle House grill cook's cheat sheet.

    The photographs indicate the way in which a cook marks his orders. These secret plate markers allow a Waffle House cook to simultaneously prepare multiple customer orders at once.

    Let me give you an example. If I were to order three scrambled eggs, dry wheat toast, and hash browns, the waitress would face the grill and yell out loud - "Mark: Triple scrambled dry wheat plate."

    The cook would then quickly take a large dinner plate, turn it sideways, and place a tub of jelly upside down at the six o'clock position.

    The six o'clock position indicates scrambled eggs, and the jelly upside down means wheat toast."

    No comments: