BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 17, 2006

    Again...Again...Again

    Here is an interesting piece by BBC radio on Phillip K. Dick who spent the last part of his life trying to figure out if he had, while in pain, experienced God. It’s short, but illuminating.

    The Robot mentioned in the piece.

    Spending the next two weeks tearing PROMISED LAND apart again. It needs to move faster and be nastier. I’ve been writing it like it was a FOX mini-series, or a made for SCI-FI movie. Whole sections have to go now. It needs to come sooner and more like a punch than a slap. But, it also needs to be smarter. Lets hope I can channel someone smart to help with this bit.

    Outside the wind has picked up. From where I sit I can see the trees being pushed back and forth. One of them seems incapable of surviving, even though I’m sure it will. You can hear the wind before it hits, rolling across the mountains and into the valley as though water rushing from a broken dam trying to lap back on stolen shores. It comes in waves, and then recedes back.

    Films from 2005 I saw and liked: (No particular order, and obviously limited recently to my forays into town)

    ALL SHOULD SEE:
    Sideways
    Syriana
    Capote
    Good Night, and Good Luck
    Crash
    The Aristicrats
    ALSO GOOD:
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
    Vanity Fair
    A Very Long Engagement
    The Aviator
    Baadasssss!
    PERSONAL GENRE FAVORITES:
    Primer
    Serenity
    Mirrormask
    Batman Begins
    Sin CIty
    2046 (Genre only by Sci-Fi elements and not for everyone so it goes here)
    Harry Potter: and the Goblet of Fire
    Kung Fu Hustle
    WISH I"D SEEN (will see on DVD or in theatre)
    Night Watch (Nochnoy Dozor)
    A History of Violence
    Broken flowers
    Junebug
    Lord Of War
    Me and You and Everyone We Know
    Mysterious Skin
    Tim Burton's Corpse Bride


    There were many I have yet to see. Some I want to still see and some I plan to avoid like the plague. Don't have my list of films I rented and saw, but there are a few more. There were probably a number of foreign films that I never heard of that were good this year. But, we only get so many.

    No comments: