BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 07, 2006

    Mucking It Up

    Well, I think I’ve decided to go against everything that was taught to me and include a voice over at the beginning of what I’m writing. Of course it really isn’t a voice over since we will eventually find that it is actually a person standing at a podium giving a sort of “history” to a large group of people gathered in a fancy ballroom for a big event. Originally the information was near the end of the second act or so, but people said it was too late and they didn’t care at that point, which is probably true. The good thing is it will be a revisionist history, which will hopefully unravel and get them into a bit of a mess later on when people discover the truth. Isn’t that always the way. Of course this means I have to change the bit where the bomb goes off and the move it somewhere else, or later. It also means I’ll have to inter splice the whole thing over one of my favorite opening scenes I’ve written and then the whole thing may not work anyway. You see, this is what happens when you try and write a sci-fi thing hundreds of years in the future and have to bring everyone up-to-speed before the whole thing comes apart. Well, at least I feel better about it today, although I’m sure this will change as soon as I begin to cut and paste and then get lost and have to print the whole thing out to find out exactly where it was I mucked it up. I also need to find the “reality” of going from the airport in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by bus, and then walking to Bethlehem, six miles away, and then what it’s like to stand outside then enter The Church of The Nativity in Bethlehem before bring the world to an end. It doesn’t take long, but it’s a bit crucial. I’ll do that later though. HA! I’m bringing the world to an end. Sweet.

    No comments: