BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 30, 2006

    Helicopter Ride

    Brian took me up today in one of the training helicopters for a short 30 minute jaunt. It was quite enjoyable and reminded me how much I had wanted to be a helicopter pilot as a child. It also made me think that I'd like to be one some time in the near future as well. My eyes may not be good enough, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

    We flew with the doors off, which for some reason causes people to think it is braver than with the doors on. I'm not sure how that is possible, for if we had fallen I'm not sure the doors would have been of much use to use safety wise.

    Takeoff
    Takeoff Part 2
    Fly About

    I thought I'd taken another short movie of the landing, but alas it was not on my camera when I downloaded the photos.

    Tomorrow we're taking the plane to Sedona for breakfast. Brian will be flying, and I shall be documenting as usual. I've never taken a plane anywhere for breakfast before and doubt I will have to opportunity to do it again any time soon.

    1 comment:

    tnbonairediver said...

    Looks like fun. Never rode in a helicopter.