BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 29, 2006

    Leg of the Third 2.0

    It was pointed out to me that I should not name this post "Third Leg" so, I have not.


    This part of the journey was through a portion of Texas, all of New Mexico and part of Arizona. I have to say, as far as driving was concerned, that this was one of the most enjoyable bits. The traffic was extremely light as can be seen from the photos. I was a bit worried about the weather, but it ended up being simply beautiful as the storm system, held in place by the jet stream, was a wonder to behold, and much more interesting than a plain blue sky would have been for 600 miles. I did have to put two more quarts of oil in before I left the hotel, but that was no great feat.

    I do have to say that I had a scare for a bit as I used my ipod for the first time. As I pulled it from the case, it looked as though the screen had become screwed up somehow. I later figured out that these types of screens, when viewed through polarized lenses, look like the liquid crystal has bled across them. It was only after I was in my hotel and had come to grips with the destruction of the ipod that I looked at it with my regular glasses and discovered it was quite fine.

    I stayed at another Holiday Inn Express, but regardless of what the commercials purport I felt no more intelligent when I left as I did when I arrived. Plus, the wireless connection, as I said yesterday, sucked too bad to be able to make a competent post.

    I also made another movie of Texas.

    There is one of Arizona as well.

    Once again, Youtube knocked off the end of the piece so you don't hear me say "Texas" or all of "Arizona". I thought I'd added enough at the end this time, but I guess I was wrong.

    I'm now safely ensconced in my friend’s, Brian and Kelly, house with their two dogs. That was today’s leg of the journey, Leg of the Third - a little bit more. I'll post it tomorrow after I remember to get my camera out of the glove box of their car where I left it tonight during dinner at a Korean BBQ place. The community they live in is made of all of these one mile x one mile squares in a nice perfect grid. Trust me, this little Oasis runs for many miles in each direction and North.

    Tomorrow is a helicopter ride, Brian is a pilot, and Friday is a plane trip to Sedona for breakfast, weather permitting.

    No comments: