BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, March 19, 2006

    Movies...movies...movies

    Pretty much all of yesterday was spent watching five of my favorite films with friends. It was the brainchild of Breena of course and involved much finger food and drink. It was hard coming up with the films since I have more than five favorites. I finally settled on a combo list that was more of a flavor sampling of my tastes than an actual five-course meal. It started a little after 2:00 PM and finished slightly after 1:30 AM. I have to assume that all who attended had fun. The films that we showed, and which were graciously made a gift to me at the end of the evening were: IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, TOUCH OF EVIL, DEADMAN, WINGS OF DESIRE, and THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE AND HER LOVER. Even for me it was a exhausting but enjoyable evening. I think the down side is that I now have a terrible crick in my neck from sitting about for almost twelve hours staring at a TV.

    There is only a week to go before I begin my journey into the uncertain West. The more I think about it the more worried I get. Of course I'll be able to find a non-industry job, I have enough confidence in my resume for that, but I don't want to have to get one. I guess I'll have a better idea of what awaits me once I get there and spend my first week trying to see old acquaintances and watching unemployed writers throw themselves in front of busses during staffing season. It will most likely be a year before I even get close to an agent, but one never knows. All I know now is that the closer it gets the more I want to curl into a small ball and roll under a table somewhere. I hear the CA sun is a great anti-depressant.

    1 comment:

    tnbonairediver said...

    Being one those that saw part of one movie and the remaining 3, it was a good evening of movies that I would not have picked. I really liked Dead Man, and the last one. Just wish the dog would have let me sleep longer this morning.