BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 24, 2006

    Sushi - Raw Friendship to be savored

    I was exceptionally fortunate tonight to have been taken to dinner by friends. We gorged on sushi until raw fish ran from our pores. This may seem a bit fetishistic, but there is little doubt that sushi is one of my favorite things. Sushi is also, at least of any value, hard to come by here in Knoxville. Though I am a little spurious by the cut and esthetics of the offerings, Wasabi is one of the best in town, if not the best. Sometimes, however, I wish my chopsticks had a slight bow in them so that I could pick up the entire piece of sushi on one grasp. More often than not at Wasabi, the cut of fish is larger than the rice platform, which means you often leave the rice ball to a solitary fate. In the end it is taste that rules and I am very fortunate to have had that in spades when I chose my friends, or when they chose me. While I look forward, in an addled way, traveling to L.A., I do not look forward to having to rebuild the life that I have found here. If nothing else, it will be proven to me that my wandering to UNION JACKS, was a contrivance of Gods whose names and faces elude me to this day.

    No comments: