BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 21, 2006

    General Morning Conversation

    Layla: What are you doing?
    Greg: Drinking my coffee.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: Because if I don’t replace at least 2/3 of the fluid in my body with coffee, I won’t have a good day.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: Because it’s just the way it is.
    Layla: What are you doing?
    Greg: Getting out cloths to take a shower.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: Because I’m dirty.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: I just am.
    Layla: What’s that?
    Greg: My glasses case. You know that.
    Layla: I wanna see.
    Greg: Why?
    Layla: Because.

    (beat)

    Layla: What’s this?
    Greg: You know what that is.
    Layla: freeho punch.
    Greg: Exactly.
    Layla: Are you going to punch?
    Greg: Not right now.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: Because I haven’t printed anything out.
    Layla: Where are you going?
    Greg: Outside.
    Layla: Why?
    Greg: Because I can.
    Layla: Are you going work?
    Greg: Sure, why not?
    Layla: You want color with me?
    Greg: When I come back in.

    (return from outside and sit next to Layla at small table)

    Greg: Which color can I use?
    Layla: (beat) This one.

    (I begin to color. Layla stops and sees I'm coloring)

    Layla: I want that one, you use this one.
    Greg: OK. What do you want me to color?
    Layla: Watch me.
    Greg: So you don't want me to color, you just want me to watch you color.
    Layla: Yeah.

    No comments: