BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 20, 2006

    The 'Ol Switcharoo

    Spent the last few hours turning my pitch from a mystery suspense drama with an immigration sociopolitical undertone into a twin peaks type of supernatural/mystery/suspense show with a black dog that may or may not be the devil, or the soul of a dead child. I think that if I don't get feedback soon, it could eventually become a cartoon staring a space monkey. I just couldn't let it be a run-of-the-mill show with happy endings. Not that it ever was, but it had no real "weekly" appeal angle beyond the simple interest of good story to keep people coming back. Also, the occupation of the lead turned out to be a bit dull once I looked into it and wouldn't have given him the jurisdictional powers that he would have required. So, now he's something else. I really need more than just a few hours everyday in a library to do this, that or some motivation beyond "maybe". I really just need to get back to working on the screenplay, but this is a possible opportunity I don't want to turn down. It would help if I could see what these things normally look like. I feel like I’m writing a dull abstract for what is ostensibly a really good article.

    Tomorrow night is family playtime at someone else’s house, so I shall be staying in and catching up on BIG LOVE on demand and possibly washing some sheets. I’ll probably watch whatever episode of Dr. Who that’s on, because I can, and the TV is bigger than my laptop screen.

    No comments: