BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, April 02, 2006

    Sunday is fine

    Forgive spelling until further notice since I don't have a way to spellcheck at the moment.

    Went to brunch with friends and their family at a nice place called AXE. I had a nice meal of Fried potatoes, upon which was collard greans, then bacon and followed by a poached egg. It was quite simply scrumptious. I never would have thought of piling them on top of each other. You should make it at home.

    My first foray into the bar culture was a bit lackluster last night. A short walk away from their home is Main St., upon which lie all of these trendy bars and shops. It's kind of like Smith St. in Brooklyn, except with better lighting and newer buildings. I ended up talking to some people, but it turned a bit sour after I finished talking to this one girl who did something in bioengeneering, not the science end though, and she made the requisite "When's your funeral," comment about my all black. I jokingly said that Johnny Cash wore black so why couldn't I. I'd already talked the whole TN thing, so she knew where I was from. After she went inside, back to here friends, she must have said something to them, because all of a sudden came a bad rendition of "Ring of Fire" by one of the Alpha males in her group and then a big laugh. I chose to keep my razor wit sheathed for now. If they do it again, they will pay. Otherwise, the downside in this area is that a pint of Bass is $6.00.

    All in all though the first day and today have been most enjoyable and relaxed thanks to the kindness and generosity of the firend's I'm staying with and the acceptance of me by extended family. One can ask for little else in this world.

    Going out now to call those few people I know here and see what the skinny is on the state of the industry amd their lives.

    No comments: