BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    Job Searching

    Well, it's finally come to this. On Monday I shall be submitting my resume to a temp agency. I got a good lead on a few last night with entertainment industry connections. Nothing else seems to be working at the moment, and I need the cash. The loan company has started calling again. The great thing about CA is that no matter what your skills are, you have to start by licking boots. So today I shall buy a tongue brush. Every time I look at a want ad, it seems that I lack some requisite skill. It now dawns on me that I should have learned how to design web graphics and gotten a job in that so that I had 2-5 yrs. Experience in before I came out here. Project managers out here need either engineering degrees, software specific PM experience, or advanced marketing analysis experience. It's always nice when reality finally comes calling. Hopefully even temp work will allow some time for writing. Of course living in Venice it'll take either 20 minutes to go anywhere in Venice, Santa Monica, or Culver City. Everywhere else will be a 45 min to 2 hour commute. God I love the entertainment industry. Already I feel warm and fuzzy about The Great Machine.

    No comments: