BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 01, 2006

    Almost made it

    Well, thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes. I almost made it through the day in a nice way. Layla and her mother made me cupcakes for breakfast. Then Layla had too much icing and went into a rampage. But that was OK, because I had cupcakes for breakfast. The rest of the day was comprised of receiving calls of well wishes from family and friends and a few outgoing calls for myself. The evening was spent drinking, in one of my last, until I get a job, binges. Enjoyed the company of two fine Irish gentlemen. I then had some pizza for dinner and watched the Sapranos with the people I'm staying with. It was after this that things went unnecessarily wrong. While changing to go to bed, the zipper on my pants split, so now I'm down to 2 pairs of pants. My laptop then fell off the bed, with my glasses. My laptop is fine; but I now have two 2 1/2 mm diameter scratches in almost identical places on the lenses of my glasses, which happen to be placed in the center of my vision. If I believed in anything divine, I would say someone was trying to send me a message. Since I don't, it was simply a sucky ending to an otherwise good day.

    Here is a site where people post the saddest thing they own.

    Colbert Speaks Truth to Power at the White House Correspondents Dinner

    No comments: