BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 03, 2006

    WORK

    Spending today contemplateing whether or not I want to go all over LA and San Diego putting stickers on ATMs. The money isn't bad, I just don't know if the traffic here will prevent me from doing 20 a day, which is what I'll need to do. So, I have yet to take my resume to the temp agency, because they kind of frown on you when you show up and say I'd like to work, but I'll let you know when I'm available. Otherwise, the pitches have traveled to the North and should be in the hands of the right person. They were preliminary anyway and still need much fleshing out if interest is shown. "J" got back to me and has forwarded my stuff to an Agent she knows. Of course now that I've reread my samples, I think they are pretty weak. This is just me though, since I know they aren't that bad. The only problem with the ATM work is that it won't be for two weeks and that could put me very short on cash. However, the amount I could make in 40 days could well make up for that. I know the client though and they do love to delay and move things about. This could give me enough money to go to Iceland for Steve's wedding, but would put me another two months out of working Industry related things. Of course it could all go smoothly and I could do 30 a day and be done in less than a month. I don't really see this happening. The point would be to be able to do the work while spending as little of the money as possible. Expenses should be negligible except maybe a few days in the San Diego area.

    There are however a few large issues to contend with. One is that no one makes mapping software for the MAC anymore which would mean getting a few maps from the company and then fine tuning locations with intense physical street maps. There are few times I frown at my MAC, but this is one of them. It really isn't the computer's fault, but the makers of mapping software who refuse to support the MAC. I hope they all go belly-up. The second is being able to navigate the second largest city with regards to population in the US. There is 1 car for every 1.8 people, which can give you an idea about the traffic. I've only been here a month and really only feel comfortable driving in the small area I currently reside in. The third problem, which is related to the second, is parking. It's all meters here, which means I could lose possibly $.50 per site just parking. I've been working on my parallel parking skills, but my tire edges are a dead give away that my lack of depth perception is keeping me from becoming proficient.

    Oh well, enough bitching, back to contemplating what to do.

    No comments: