BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 20, 2006

    ACT 1

    Finished the first act of CA today. I'm really enjoying it. It comes in where it should. I don't know if I've built enough tension surrounding a single character that his simple, repeated appearance constitutes a strong enough act out, but I kind of think it does. It isn't the sort of act out where say a gun goes off, but more the type where you know what's coming and don't need to see it and since the show cuts out at that moment the act out is more along the lines of allowing the audience to fill in something, an exchange say, that they are never going to see. So I guess it's more of an audience imagination participation act out than a WTF one. Since I've been thinking on this thing for so long, I know exactly where it is going. What I don't know if the audience will sit through the first half with just the major characters being introduced in a PULP kind of conceit. Each introduction starts in the future and then opens in the past. However, with the second act I'm hoping that I've set-up enough frame work that this will diminish a bit each time a character is introduced. So the introduction of the fourth main character at the beginning of the second act may simply be a half page of future and more past or simply the appearance of the unifying character and then a straight jump to the past. So what I'm poorly laying out here right now is that as the language of the thing is more firmly established, shortcuts with the language can then be utilized. Oh well, I think I've confused myself now.

    2 comments:

    Alan Gratz said...

    I know I'm lost.

    Fabricationist said...

    You Bastard! I look to you for reassurance, and this is all I get?