BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 29, 2006

    First Half Hour

    I finally finished the first half hour of CA. I even went back a did a quick edit. Next step is the second half of the first hour. It's a bit different than I originally planned it, but it seems to be working out. I'm getting to know everyone, and I have to say I don't like a couple of the characters. They're shifty, possibly even dangerous. But with that being said, I already know where it's headed so it's just a matter of knocking it out, and hoping the breaks fall where they're supposed to. The first half came in at exactly 30 pages, which makes me worried I'm a little too technical about it. But since it's a good mixture of description and dialogue it should be OK.

    Other than that, things are relatively quiet here. They did show off my particular apartment today to some insurance people, I assume they're getting a new policy or need theirs updated. It was a bit of surprise, but I had enough time to do the dishes before they got here. I did however find out that mine is the largest of the studios, which makes me feel better about my choice.

    I've run desperately low on incoming TV, so I've taken to rewatching FIREFLY to keep my brain from attacking me at night. It still holds up as well as it did on the first and second viewings. I think I'm looking at it with a more critical eye toward how the stories were crafted this time around. They really did some nice stuff on that show. The only episode I skipped was the train robbery one because I've seen it more than the rest and actually find it to be one of the weakest episodes.

    Oh well, back to 1889. It's warm here and the steam makes me happy.

    No comments: