BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 06, 2006

    A few links etc.

    The Chemistry Set goes live tomorrow with online comics updated each week.

    Warren Ellis is set to start up an online comics site as well. They're currently accepting submissions at Rocket Pirates.

    A nice scathing profile of Joe Francis, founder of GIRLS GONE WILD, at the LA TIMES website.

    Also, I watched THE FANTASTIC FOUR last night and almost went comatose. It is the most hideous comic adaptation in recent years. The dialogue was for 5 yr olds and the performances were so blatantly bad that I longed for the Roger Corman version which very few have seen since it was made as a contractual obligation by the studio holding the rights and not for distribution.

    After TFF, I cleansed my palette with THE DEVIL'S REJECTS which I quite enjoyed and THE CORPSE BRIDE, which was pretty but not as full bodied as THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

    No comments: