BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 16, 2006

    Spam Name Generator

    My friend Alan, over at WHAT'S THE RUMPUS?, posted a while back about starting a list of character names taken from spam e-mails he was getting. I thought it was a great idea and am now addicted to it. One of these days I should write short character bios for all of these people. A great deal of my spam is all in Asian character forms from one language or another, but occasionally I do get names I can grasp and here is a list of them so far:

    Bautista Law
    Efrain Curran
    Goodman Blankenship
    Grover Lancaster
    Gustavo Horn
    Guthrie Wiseman
    Latricia Season
    Mercer Strong
    Nakesha Robbi
    Odessa Slaughter
    Parthenia Eloise
    Rosalinda Vargas
    Saul Coulte
    Seema Tiara

    Of course I have a soft spot for Odessa Slaughter. I'm not sure, but I think she might be a private investigator living in a techno-punk future world where she gets the information she wants from people by whispering neural hacks into their ears with a sultry voice that makes them feel like having they're brain hacked is as good as Sex.

    [Note: After a quick google, it would seem "Odessa Slaughter" is ocassionally used to describe the Odessa massacre of the Jewish population of Odessa, Russia in 1941-42. I don't know if that makes appropriating the name better or worse.]

    No comments: