BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 18, 2006

    Coming Along Nicely

    I just finished writing the teaser for CA; the teaser being that first four or five minuets before the opening titles of a show where the audience is drawn in to hopefully such a point that they won't flip away to another show. I can't be sure about this, well I could google it I guess, but I believe the original STAR TREK was the first show to use this technique or at least the first to utilize it continuously and with the same effect it is used today. I'm pretty sure it works in mine. It only runs about 4 1/2 pages, but I think that's enough for this story. It has a transition between two time periods 109 years apart and I think I found a perfectly good transition for it. So, basically I'm kind of excited and delighted right now in a way I should have been more times since I arrived in L.A. but really have not. Maybe when I was working on THE BORDER, and slightly while editing bits of PL, but not so wonderfully and to such an extent as I get when something very new begins to take shape.

    No comments: