BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 21, 2005

    I'd kill for a cigarette

    It is a drab and dreary day here. Kind of feels like that moment when you step in a small puddle of water with nice clean socks on and feel the cold dampness hit your feet and wince as though in pain and walk the rest of the way skipping on one foot. I went out and had lunch at THE OLD MILL RESTARANT with my parents and my aunt and uncle who were in town. All the way back I craved a cigarette. This day is perfect for having a cigarette. A cigarette smoked on the screened in porch in the damp and cold wearing my father’s old JC PENNY jacket and watching the drops hit the planks of the deck. But, I drove on, passing all of the grocery stores and gas stations until it was too late to buy cigarettes; it was too late to turn back. The desire did not fade though so when I got home, I had a pipe, first one in over a year, of SMOKEY’S store blend instead and thought a little about killing and how good the smoke tasted in my mouth.

    There’s a new story up on Tales called “Room 34” and it is the second story about preparation. It'll probably change from this form later when I have another look at it. For now it's just a first draft.

    2 comments:

    Fabricationist said...

    I'll see what I can do about the hat.

    Fabricationist said...

    Yeah, but when people say the majic word you break into a naked soft shoe.