BRAIN TWEETS

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 02, 2005

    Tick...Tick...Tick

    Baud Rate: 26400 bps

    I'm sitting here trying to get something done, but the silence keeps being broken by the tick...tick...tick of a clock somewhere. It's regulating my day like a metronome. I'm guessing I'll have to take the battery out before I succumb to it's hypnotic beats. The fan under my laptop is also humming and the TV downstairs has been muted so I can feel it's presence without actually listening to it. Distraction is easy right now. I can also admit that the internet connection is so slow as to make me feel I'm missing the world as it hurries past. Everything has slowed down here including my perception of time. There is something odd about having to emulate a sort of OCD in order to catch the dial-up between busy signals. It's a memory I'd almost lost.

    I'd also like to say that eating just a half cup of oatmeal that one has to boil water to make is a very arduous task. I'm trying to be good, but it is like stuffing a softball size clump of wet wood dust down one's throat a ping pong ball at a time, and this was with brown sugar and chocolate chips added.

    Tick...Tick...Tick...Tick...

    No comments: